An overview of our team and their roles
Hello, my name is Carla Adams and I am the Care Home Manager for Bridge, Burton and Trent Courts. When I left school, I went to college study Health and Social Care with the intention of becoming a nurse. To put myself through college I took got a part time job as a care assistant at a care home for the elderly, working weekends and throughout the holidays. When I completed my course, I was offered a full-time position and worked there for 11 years. I worked my way up from care assistant to senior care assistant to deputy manager. When I left it was too be a full-time foster carer working for Staffordshire Youth Offending Service.
I decided 8 years ago that I wanted to return to working with the elderly and started again as a care assistant. Towerview Care have encouraged and supported me to progress and now I am the registered manager for both Burton and Trent Court.
In my spare time I like to learn new skills such as motor mechanic, I also enjoy family holidays, reading and swimming.
I am responsible for:
- Safe running of the homes.
- Dealing with complaints and compliments.
- Maintaining positive relationships with external and internal bodies.
- Overseeing all the staff within the homes to ensure that the homes run smoothly. External reporting to local authorities and CQC, internal reporting via audits. On call for the homes.
- Overseeing the transaction processing, controls/reconciliations and monitoring of the internal accounting function; including treasury, purchase ledger, sales ledger & credit control and preparation of the monthly management accounts for Board review.
- Performance forecasting and budgeting and presenting to the Board.
- Development and reporting of financial KPIs.
- Development and implementation of financial control environment.
- Preparing and providing key stake holders with company information i.e. banks, auditors and insurers, etc.